Saftey is Taken Very Seriously
We take safety very seriously here at ExTREEme Adventure.
Every high ropes participant is fitted with a full body climbing safety harness, and a helmet. Please be patient as each is fitted personally!
Helmets are colour coded to easily identify under 18’s (blue), adults (red) and instructors (white).
All participants must sign a disclaimer. You can download the General Disclaimer Form (high ropes, assault course) here: High ropes/General Disclaimer Form PDF
We have a separate disclaimer form just for quad biking here: Quad Bike Trek Disclaimer Form PDF
Who Can Take Part?
- Minimum age: 10 years. Quad biking minimum age: 16 years.
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by a participating adult with a maximum of 3 under 18’s per adult.
- Accompanying adults will be required to sign a disclaimer for their group.
- High ropes: minimum height: 1.40 metres (4ft 7 inches) – average height of a 10 year old.
- High ropes: maximum weight: 130 kg (20.5 stone).
A reasonable level of fitness and strength is required as our activities are challenging.
- Participants should wear long sleeves and trousers.
- Practical footwear is essential – trainers or ankle supporting boots are ideal.
- Quad Biking: Gloves must be worn at all times.
- Please be advised to wear mosquito repellent.
Quad Bikes: a full half hour is spent training and familiarizing participants, before setting off on the hour long trek.
High Ropes: Fully trained instructors give all participants initial instruction on our training course, situated by the pavillion. This includes familiarisation with the safety harness and ancillary equipment as well as how to attach oneself to the safety wires of the ropes course.
The 300 and 1,000ft zip wires are both very fast. In both cases an instructor is at the start of the zip wire to ensure that the participant is attached correctly. The participant comes to a stop about 10ft above the ground and then uses a descending device, called a “Grigri”, to control their descent to the ground, under the supervision of another instructor. The result is a soft and gentle landing. We do not run out zip lines into the ground!
The “Grand Fir” 80ft platform
This takes 3 instructors to operate. One at the base of the tree to operate the electric winch and ensure that the participant is correctly secured for the ascent; one on the 80ft platform to ensure that the participant is secured correctly to either the fan descender or the 1,000ft zip wire. The third instructor is at the end of the 1,000 ft. zip wire to ensure a safe descent to the ground.